Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scammed

Options
  • 06-03-2023 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

• I was scammed out of €300 for concert tickets through PayPal. PayPal recommend i go throght BOI for refund. This is the reply i got from Boi. Can I dispute this?

• Having reviewed the information you have provided, we regret to inform you, under Visa Europe and MasterCard International Rules and Regulations, we have no dispute rights in this case because the transaction was made using the mode, “Friends and Family”.

We would recommend you contact the Merchant directly to try to resolve the dispute. If you require any further

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

I'm very sorry to hear about this.

As the transaction was made through PayPal then I would advise that you contact PayPal directly for further advice on how to dispute the transaction.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ashlingd2004

This is the reply I got from PayPal. Is there anything else I can do?

TIA

CUSTOMER SERVICE

RE: Buyer Complaints

24/02/23

Dear

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

I have reviewed your account and can see that this payment was sent to the seller as a Personal payment.

Unfortunately, Personal payments are not covered under PayPal Purchase Protection. Personal payments are not intended for the purchase of goods or services from sellers and therefore cannot be disputed.

Please try to work with your seller in order to reach a resolution. We value your business and regret that you have had this experience.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review

Copyright © 1999-2023 PayPal. All rights reserved.

<Admin edit>

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2023 1:41:50 AM (-07:00)

Subject: RE: Buyer Complaints (KMM249482399V84082L0KM)

Dear

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Mohammed, and I am happy to assist you with your concern about receiving the refund.

I am extremely sorry to know that you have been scammed. I understand that you wish to receive the refund.

From reviewing your account, I see that the status of payment €303.99EUR shows as completed. This means that the funds have been credited to the recipient's account and therefore it is no longer possible to cancel this transaction.

Personal payments are not intended for the purchase of goods or services from sellers and therefore cannot be disputed. The best thing from my end at this current situation, I have sent an email for the recipient "Phelesia Chitei" to refund this payment for you.

Please do not worry, I will also help you with the alternate options:

1. File a chargeback with bank/card: I can suggest you is contact your bank/card provider and you can ask them to file a chargeback against the seller. Once you have done this, we will work along with them and provide the needed information from our end to help you get the refund. But the final decision will be taken from your bank/card issuers end only. So, please get in touch with them and file a chargeback.     

2. You can also contact Action Fraud using this phone number: 0300-123-2040 or go to this website: www.actionfraud.police.uk       

I hope the above information helps. 

I truly appreciate your understanding with us and the trust you put in us and wish you continued success. Always remember that PayPal is making its best effort to make sure all concerns are handled and addressed properly to your satisfaction. 

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

If you wish to file a chargeback through ourselves please see here

Can I request a refund/chargeback at any time? - Bank of Ireland Group Website

Our colleagues will follow up to advise further on this.

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement