Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rendering front of my house

Options
  • 06-03-2023 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

My builder rendered the front of my house and never put a scratch coat on it, the wall is cracking and it still has damp patches showing through the render, should I pay him the balance owed on the job.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cianw

I wouldn't, if it was just a sand and cement render on to block he should have put a scratch coat. Usually a waterproofer is put in the scratch coat to prevent water penetrating the walls.

If he didn't do that there could be water ingress especially with the cracks now. Could start to see dampness on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ladnorthdub

Thanks for your response,didn't realize how bad he was till halfway through the job.

Advertisement