Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three prepay 20 ( out of bundle + credit balance )

Options
  • 07-03-2023 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

hi , i have a mobile i very rarely use.

it is on the 3 prepay 20 plan, the plans 28 days are over by a few months.

my3 shows me having $9 credit with 100 days left.

i can text out but not call out. can i not use the $9 credit balance for rare out of bundle calls out at 38 cent/minute? this used to be the case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭okden

to put it another way, ..if my 28 days are up on my prepay20 plan, and i only buy 10 euro credit (not activating the prepay20 plan). does this leave me with 10 euro credit balance which can be used for phone calls (for 180 days)?

or do i not understand 'credit'

(p.s. its a second phone, i use it at home for browsing with wifi data, as a mobile number to register with some services, and very very rarely to make a call, so i dont want to to pay for a plan every 28 days. i probably only make one 1 minute call a month on it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

is this "old" SIM card/plan(before 2019) or new. It might depend.

As it looks, there is no call benefits enabled, if you dont top up by 20, but i'm not certain

I suggest you ask your Q on chat https://www.three.ie/buy/prepay.html#sim-only

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭okden

ty smuggler.ie , i contacted web chat and they confirmed that if the 28 days were up, any credit would be used for calls.

something has gone haywire at the backend of my account though, so it shows i have credit but it acts like i dont. the case has been raised to email support within the week.

Advertisement