Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosted

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Good core cast, and based on Deadpool (and to a lesser extent Deadpool 2) the screenwriters are well-suited to the setup.

It doesn't look spectacular but it could be good fun for a Friday night's viewing - I just hope Apple are being more prudent in their spending on original films than Netflix have been so far...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Huh: this is directed by Dexter Fletcher; that's a big swerve and step-up into Blockbusters for him. I really enjoyed Eddie the Eagle, was a fun little underdog story that'd pair nicely with The Phantom of the Open.

Those FX look a bit ropey though; very plastic looking - almost as plastic as how De Armas looks in that thumbnail. Put down the airbrush tool, designers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry I did not see this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I thought I would enjoy this, but it is a bit too over the top. It's harmless fun if you are in the humour for that type of movie. But was a little to extreme on the silliness, for ma anyway.

• Advertisement

Oh my god that was terrible. Like objectively bad script, effects, and plot.

I fecking loved it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Agreed. Turned it on hoping it was going to be a fun action film but it was awful. Evans’s character was way too cringey. De Armas’s action cameo in that last Bond film was enjoyable but this was just too ridiculous. The OH and I lasted about 40 mins before turning it off it was that annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I just managed 90 minutes of it... but the cameos really were great...

Advertisement