Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for covering exterior stone cladding

Options
  • 07-03-2023 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

As per title, looking for I suppose most cost effective suggestions please to cover 1970’s corkstone cladding on front and side of house, the rear of the house is pebble dashed which ideally we would like to cover as well. House is two storey, photo attached of the cladding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭bemak

best thing you can probably do is powerwash it and paint it all the same colour as the house. Sometimes the bit of texture can be nice when everything is the same colour. Other than that you'd be looking to rerender it or possibly clad over it with timber but you may need planning for this if the wall in question is at the front as it could be seen as changing the appearance of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Not very helpful, but I think it looks nice, in that pic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Cover it with external insulation? Getting 2 benefits at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭amber2

Thanks for the replies, I see that you can get insulation wrapping done but would you need planning permission for this to be carried out.

Also see cork spray on render which seems to be a good option for both pebbledash and to cover the stone front part of the house, but can’t seem to find anyone in Ireland doing this.

House is in a rural setting, detached with 4 other neighbouring houses/cottages within walking distance so no real street scape to inkeep with.

Post edited by amber2 on

• Advertisement
Advertisement