Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC Build for Gaming, Music Production and Video Production

Options
  • 07-03-2023 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My PC recently broke again, and I've been having problems with it for a long time (it's nearing 7 years of intensive, almost daily use), so I'd like to get a brand new one, using no parts from the old one, as I hope to experiment with the old one again in the future.

I do a fair bit of gaming, but I also do a good bit of music and video production too, so I think that means the CPU would have a higher priority than the GPU? My old PC costed around €1,000 back in 2016 and could do most of the things I needed, even these days, except I would've liked to be able to run games like Call of Duty at around 140FPS at 1080p (I don't mind playing on low-medium graphics as long as I get my desired FPS) - that's the most intensive game I'd ever be playing. My budget is around €1,000, but I'm prepared to go a bit over if necessary. During my research, I found these as some seemingly good options:

CPU: i5 13600K

GPU: Radeon RX 6650 XT

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming B760-Plus WiFi D4

RAM: 16GB of DDR4 3600MHz

SSD: 1TB (for storage) & 256GB (for OS) - speed doesn't matter from what I've heard?

In terms of the power supply and cooling, I think PCPartPicker should take care of that? If not, please do give me suggestions.

I have monitors already, don't have a copy of Windows, don't really want to try overclocking, will be purchasing the parts within the next few weeks hopefully (if I can figure out what I need), and am confident to build it myself (as I have a friend who has assembled a few PCs).

So I basically just want to know if those specs are the best for their value, or are there cheaper ones that do more or less the same thing? Would those specs perhaps be unnecessarily powerful for the things I do on my computer? Are there better options?

I don't know too much about this stuff, so I really appreciate any help. Thank you all in advance! :)

Advertisement