Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPA Courses

• 08-03-2023 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

recently promoted to Eo after 2 years as a Co on public service. previous to that I was self employed with no formal qualification although i did pass ACCA accountancy first year exams way back in the early 90,s. turning 50 soon and am thinking of applying for an Ipa course. my Heo is encouraging me to do so also. I would love to do an IT course but would it be better for promotion purposes to do a business or management course. ultimate goal would be to get to HEO. any one any experience of ipa in general. many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Augme

Nothing wrong with the IPA. Depending on the course, it will probably be a balance between in person and remote sessions in the evening. Lectures are solid enough, generally quite fair ans the IPA do want peolle to pass.

But the courses still take up time. The reality is, it won't make a difference to your success in an HEO interview so I wouldn't do it for that reason. Pick a course you like as well, slogging away at a course you hate is torture. And don't forget, if you fail then you have to pay for it.

Advertisement