Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media upgrade works taking months

Options
  • 09-03-2023 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm hoping someone can shed some light here for me.

Virgin Media are currently upgrading the internet cabling in my area. Looks like they're installing FTTH infrastructure

Happy days, with SIRO that'll be two fibre options and the more the merrier

Here's the thing, they've been installing the cabling for months now. Pretty sure they started before Christmas and there's no sign of them being done

I live in a big enough estate, maybe 1500 houses so I imagine it's a pretty large job. There were some trenches dug in some bits, presumably for new ducting, but it's not like they're tearing up entire roads

When SIRO came in they were in and out in less than a month. Why is it taking Virgin so long?

Is there more works needed generally? Or is every fibre optic cable lovingly handcrafted to ensure the absolute best quality?

Or are the installers paid by the hour and want to keep the job going as long as possible? 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement