Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas Fare due to not tagged off. Machine didnt get my payment. Worth going to court?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Proceedings

As luas claimed "they can sue me". So it's a case already. This makes no sense. (Beside the fact that I can't because I already paid the fee.)

I can't sleep better at night though, I got only 15 of my 45 euro back by using Luas without fare yet 😥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I get caught by this a lot. Head into town 15 mins trip forget to tag off. Have lunch and get back to luas 20-25 mins later. When I go tag on it tags me off. Feels like it takes longer than 3 mins to reset. Missing the luas makes me late back. So sometimes I have 2nd leap card I can use. Or I hop on and tag at the next stop then get back on.

I had a 2nd leap because my annual one was so often unreliable hit and miss if it would tag on/off. When your next train is 30 mins it's a pita.

If the appeal failed I would just pay the fine. Though I think it's up unfair as it would be obvious you just tagged off, and you wouldn't do that and go back on the luas. If you are fair dodging you'd never tag on at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you didn't pay the standard fare, they had a basis to take a prosecution for non payment

You have absolutely nothing, at all, to take any case for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

You can't get a criminal record without being in court.

BALONEY. You can be tried in abesntia.

Advertisement