Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet package with good upload speeds?

Options
  • 09-03-2023 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I want to earn some passive income through apps like Honeygain. The problem is, my internet upload speed is only 36 Mbps. I've seen this is standard for home connections. Is it possible to get 100 Mbps. Even 5G has only improved the downloads.

I've seen that fast upload speeds are only available to business customers. Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

To get anything higher you will need a 1Gb FTTH connection which generally offer 100Mb uploads (the 500Mb offers 50Mb)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

you can also get a measly 200Mb up with the 2Gb FTTH package

would love to know why upload speeds so crappy on a Fibre connection in 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭RobiePAX

Upload speed is always slower than download speed. (About 10%-30% vs download). At least if it's not, usually something is wrong.

ISPs are managing their limited bandwidth so yes it's true they may cap upload speed for consumer plans and give more to business plans. But in most cases if you are getting less than 50MB/s you are probably already getting the maximum you can get through your connection.

The easiest way to get higher upload speed is to check if a faster Fibre is available are your address. Higher download speed = higher upload speed.

Check OpenEir map if they have rolled out Gigabit Fibre your way?

Check SIRO website if they can provide you with their Fibre?

Check Virgin Media website again to see if they can provide you Fibre?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Honeygain only ever uploads miniscule amounts at a go so any upload speed should be fine.

Advertisement