Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A modem technical question

Options
  • 09-03-2023 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have FTTH with Eir. The router I have is a Sagecom CS50001.

I have just gotten a Netgear Orbi RBK852 system. I set that all up and put the Eir router into bridge mode. Wifi all working fine from the Orbi setup, but the Eir router is still putting out a Wifi signal (which has no internet connection). I thought putting the router in bridge mode would disable the wifi but alas it hasn't.

I can no longer access the UI of the Eir router. I believe this is because it no longer has an IP address. Is there any way to switch off the wifi signal now from the Eir router?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DaveHD

Reset the eir router using paperclip in the hole above the power button Then login to the router @ 192.168.1.254.

Turn off wireless raidos from menu - there are "cog wheels in the corners of the 2.4 and 5GHz boxes.

Then bridge the eir router

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Thanks for the info, I saw the option but presumed bridging would disable the wireless radios, but that's obviously making it too easy!

Appreciate the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭dam099

Are you using Eir phone or TV (not even sure if they work bridged)? If not you could just connect the Orbi direct to the ONT and eliminate the Eir router altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Not using the phone or TV, just broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭dam099

Then you should be able to connect your Orbi directly to the ONT. You will need to tag the WAN port as VLAN 10 somewhere in the interface. I don't have Eir but I don't think you even need a PPPOE login and password for them as they just use DHCP (if that doesn't work, search this forum, someone will have put up the necessary settings).

• Advertisement
Advertisement