Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity leave

Options
  • 10-03-2023 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all just looking for some advice and help we have full Loan offer for a mortgage with ptsb and are due to draw down on mortgage soon we recently just had a baby 2 weeks ago and my partner is now on state maternity leave till August we got aip letter and went sale agreed the start of February is our documents from February still in date or will they ask for more any advice is appreciated

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Confirm your email address so you can post normally, then I'll move this to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Keithm5542

How do I confirm email there's nothing in my email

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I can see you've confirmed it, so moved to the Property forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Sometimes they look for the most recent payslip at drawdown. I got two mortgages in the past three years. For the first one, I was asked for my most recent payslip at the time of drawdown, which was only a month or two after getting AIP. For the second with a different bank, we were remortgaging so the process was a little faster (and not during early pandemic) and I was not asked for a payslip at drawdown. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think it can depend on the underwriter tbh.

You might need to get a letter from her employer stating she's on maternity leave and she's due back on x date.

Equally they may not ask for anything.

There's usually a 6 month window before forms become "invalid" but they are still within their rights to ask for additional or more updated documents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

I did this in 2015. When we got AIP and went Sale agreed I was on state maternity leave, I was asked for Salary certs and asked to provide a letter from my employer stating I was returning to work

Which bank was this with if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,405 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I’ve been asked a few times over the years to provide salary certs and confirmation of permanency/that the staff member will be returning to work after maternity leave. Never heard afterwards that there was any issue.

That's good to know witch bank was this with?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,405 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

There was a few staff so I’m not sure which bank(s), last one was around 5 yrs ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Advertisement