Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSE Potential Billing Issue

Options
  • 10-03-2023 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi,

Wondering could anyone else with SSE day, night, peak plan check something to help me.

Peak billing is from 17:00 to 19:00. When you look on their website and view your usage visually it appears that peak is from 16:00 to 18:00...

I downloaded csv usage file for my billing period and from what I can tell in my bill the peak usage was calculated using the 16:00 to 18:00 time period. Could somebody else check if they experienced the same as this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I noticed that too, I think it went like that after the clocks changed in October. I tried ringing them a few times, but gave up when I was on hold for 45 mins. I was hoping it was just the online tracker that was incorrect, and the bills tracked the correct time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Gmt

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ConorC1

Ok thanks. I must check how my bills look before the clocks changed. Bizarre for a company of that size not to adjust their billing system if this is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

You can check the actual esb data just to make sure they are recording it correctly, sign up https://myaccount.esbnetworks.ie/

i was with sse for a year, not now so cant check if its wrong at the moment.

The bill never tallied in a whole year with the online graph. The online graph did tally with the downloadable data. It was never more than a couple of kwh out but still.

They also used to use the 00:30 as the first read of the day (between 00:00-00:30) which makes 00:00 the last of the day (between 23:00-00:00). Which means if you put it into something like excel, excel will order the data to start at 00:00 (which is the last read of the day for them) they might of corrected it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ConorC1

ok thanks. That's good to know! I'll check the esb data and compare the two

• Advertisement
Advertisement