Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM retained cash

Options
  • 10-03-2023 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 Gabriellamarsella92

Hi there, I was at the bank of Ireland branch in rathcoole today and I was lodging money in the atm and it retained 400€ I need help please thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• This is Helpdesk for the website itself, you need to visit the Bank of Ireland subforum.

Also, if the ATM has retained the cash, the bank will be aware of it and it should re-credit to your account. Just give them a ring on the number on the back of your bank card and they should be able to confirm it's gone back / on its way back.

Depending on the bank's specific systems the ATMs may report these things back instantly or once or twice a day, but the machines record errors where cash isn't dispensed. There's a pretty comprehensive system to make sure that doesn't cause a loss of money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Gabriella, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

Please be assured that the lodgement should still credit your account this morning by midday once the bookkeeping for the ATM has been done.

Thanks, Eve

Advertisement