Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Benefit/Qualified Adult Increase

• 10-03-2023 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi ☺️ my husband is on IP and we are thinking of moving to a more affordable country. Question is, if I was to leave my job while I prepare us for the move how can I go about him getting the qualified adult increase as opposed to jobseekers benefit ?

I don’t want to be on job seekers benefit as I won’t be seeking work/won’t be available for full time work and you cannot claim job seekers while living abroad. So that’s me not really meeting the conditions.

I’ve got more than enough contributions for job seekers benefit but it just won’t be the right payment to be on.

Once we settle in our new location I do plan on finding a job and informing the department of same but it will more then likely take a few months so I would rather be on qualified adult increase.

Can my partner just sent an email saying Hi, My partner is no longer in employment and thus her income is 0. Can I please get the qualified adult increase ? And obviously attach all necessary documents ?

Any help is appreciated thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Your husband will have to ring IP on Monday, or write, and tell them that he wants to claim for you. They will send him a form to complete.

You’ll be means tested for the payment. They’ll need to see evidence that you have in fact ceased working. If you have a MyAccount with Revenue.ie you’ll be able to send them a print out showing them that all your employments have ceased, and from what date. They’ll also need financial statements from any account with your name on it.

Advertisement