Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Paypay 20

Options
  • 10-03-2023 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

I have a few questions about this plan with 3.

1. Do you get free texts? If so, for how long?

2. Do you get free calls with this plan?

3. If you fail to top up by €20 in a particular month, is your credit used as normal for calls and texts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If you have "legacy" prepay - you keep and use credit for out of bundle rates calls/txt/data after 28d

With shiny "new" prepay you dont. https://community.three.ie/t5/3MadeEasy/All-about-All-You-Can-Eat-Data-with-Three-Prepay/ba-p/765609

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks very much. I topped up by €20 to activate this plan. The €20 was not added to my current balance.

To use my wifi via this plan, be it 3G or 4G do I just tap to switch on Mobile Data when away from a location with wifi? ( and switch off as nescesary?).

As credit does not show up as €€€ on account - new prepay plan.

Mobile Data is what "it says on the can" and it will last 28d from top up day, ends @23:59:59 on the last day(as well as other allowances), you can keep it ON - its ALL YOU CAN EAT. All calls/text according plan and FUP. When they say "unlimited" its still with*. On my legacy plan it show 3k for each, but check what is on "new" plan in T&C's

On Wifi, SIM without topup, will be active 180d, might expire after if not topped up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The 3 €20 plan is mainly used by people needing unlimited data.

If you have home fixed line broadband, there are cheaper options for mobile data with better call and text allowances. 48 is probably the best value plan at 12.99 per month for calls, text and 200GB. The only drawback is the activation fee added to the first month.

I am not day-to-day user of current soc media platforms per se. Only when must, work related.

WiFi calling - nice feature - no doubt, but if you are with MS teams/FB/some other, they server as good as any + video while you have WiFi. Surely 90%+ of population use those

Is there any other benefits of WiFi calling? All this fuss about it...

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies.

I only intend to use this when I need wifi and am away from home, away from my wifi network.

Can I turn on and off mobile data as needed?

Is the €20 a once off fee to get wifi for the 28 days?

On you phone, within connectivity settings, depend on phone model, but all them allow to turn mobile data ON/OFF

€20 topup activates allowances for 28d. After that you will be able to receive incoming calls/text, but not to make them.

Thanks, so after the 28 days, I won't be able to avail of the free calls & texts as per the benefits of the plan, but I can make calls and send texts using my €20 top up?

No, not on new prepay plan.

Thanks.

Do you normally get a reminder text informing you when your 28 days are up?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sometimes its a day before, sometimes its two days after. Dont trust their alerting system AT ALL.

Cheers thats good to know! 😊

Advertisement