Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER Assessment - New Build

Options
  • 11-03-2023 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What exactly is done when a BER for a new build is being appraised and certified? Does an assessor visit and assess individual homes? Or is it legal for them to assess every 1 in 5 homes for example? Or to just give a blanket assessment template for all homes of the same house type in an estate, without actually visiting any of the homes?

If they are obliged to visit an individual home, should the heating and plumbing be commissioned before they visit? Do they turn on the heating during the assessment?

If there are any links to regulations and policy relating to this I'd be grateful if someone could share them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

If you have internet access you should be able to open this link.

Every house need sits own BER which is based on the MPRN so each house has to be visited.

House must be finished and all trades gone off site

Full, certified, details of the building fabric, from a thermal performance perspective, must be available as well as detailed certified paperwork for the air tightness test, heat pump, solar PV and the like.

Services are not tested.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭gandalfio

I've read that an assessor must attend the property when selling a home or retrofitting, but I can't find it stated anywhere or a policy or regulation that states the assessor must attend new build homes.

Advertisement