Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2minutes sitting on Luas at OCS lights

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Ronald Binge Redux

Cut and cover? My God it would never have been built. It was bad enough when people were spreading ridiculous scare stories about 'Dublin never recovering from Luas'/Red built to 4'8.5" and Green built to 5'3" etc ad nauseum. When you have trams queuing up to cross OCS then there is something fundamentally wrong and clearly the NTA have zero interest in addressing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This is the beauty of an underground. You avoid all this mayhem. That’s what Dublin needs but try impressing that onto the decision makers

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Ronald Binge Redux

Dug by unseen moles and with evaporating spoil no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

To be fair, the number of bus routes terminating in the city centre has dropped significantly in recent years, and many of the old termini reallocated to LUAS.

But what you are seeing on a daily basis presently is increased numbers of buses parked up due to there being no driver available to take over the second half of a journey on a cross-city route as a result of the ongoing driver shortage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

I've experienced this too, it's an absolute pain.

The sad reality here is that the Luas Red line design was fudged. Red line intersects far to many very busy roads. It's widely accepted now that if you were to build a new rail line of any type, it needs to be either elevated or ran under ground to avoid these issues. Ireland went for the cheap option again.

I think its one of the main reasons why the Green line is such a success (Built on an old railway line) when compared to the Red line as it intersects very few roads up until Stephens Green

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭brianc89

I can't understand why they don't overhaul traffic on those Red Line city centre streets. There are loads of rat runs there which I use regularly, but they should massively restrict that.

A bunch of one way streets and local access only streets would massively decrease the conflicts with the Luas line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Remember the little diddy trams the Red Line was saddled with at first - emblematic of the complete lack of vision.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement