Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patron dog food opinions?

Options
  • 12-03-2023 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I’m in pre-dog ownership research mode at the moment so apologies if I’ve asked a lot of questions on here recently but just wondering if anyone has fed their dog Patron dog food?

It’s priced competitively versus other dry dog food, was developed with Conor Brady from Dogs First, and 20% goes to the animal charity you purchase it from.

Seems like a win-win but has anyone tried it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Isn’t it just that same generic grain free food made in the U.K. that all the other places sell as own brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭unimaginativeusername

No idea, very possibly. And I need to correct myself, Conor Brady from Dogs First worked with the Patron Project on their raw food not the dry but he does give it a rave review on his site (and said he wasn't paid!).

I feel so prepared for dog ownership on pretty much every front but I'm finding food hard to get my head around. I would definitely be on for raw food down the line but for a few reasons I'd like to start with dry (once I've gradually moved them off whatever they were fed as a puppy etc).

Everytime I think I've settled on one type/brand, I read something negative or less favourable and I'm back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I can’t help you I’m afraid as my puppies go straight onto raw (with some Rocco wet mixed in) the day they come home! I had a stockpile built up by the time the pup arrived last time lol 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭unimaginativeusername

Thank you - I’m sure I’ll be back here for advice if/when I go the raw route!

I’m currently edging towards cold pressed, Patron, or Platinum. I just wish I had the dog already so I could trial run and report back!!

Thanks for the help on these boards. The pet one is the only one I really use anymore and love learning things I didn’t know before from different threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Are you getting a pup from a breeder? If so, talk to them about what food they will wean rhe pup on to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Anawilliam850

I think the same, because that way you can buy food similar to what they are already giving you

Advertisement