Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW 28 - Transfer Thread

• 12-03-2023 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭

2FT so looking at the following transfers to field 11 players.

Haaland > Watkins

Shaw > Chilwell

Will likely look to get Haaland back in for GW30

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have 2 FTs too.

Thinking TAA/Gakpo to Cucurella/Son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Have 11 players, so hoping to bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gone Alexander-Arnold to Chilwell and thinking of taking a hit to go for Son in for Gakpo to bring me up to 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Haaland - Watkins

Gonn have 10 as I'm not looking to sell any of Rashford, Estupian, March or Mitoma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Can field ten as is, and have 2 FTs. Took a punt on Ferguson for the DGW, mainly as a differential. But his minutes could be lessened now that Welbeck is fully fit and he's nowhere near as high scoring as the Brighton mids. So a bad move on my part that I'd like to rectify. Looking at bringing in Watkins or maybe Brennen Johnson if he isn't injured. Then roll the other so I'll have two frees for GW29 to deal with any fallout from the international break. If the team is in good shape, I may bench boost then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone on BB?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Dango Ouattara?

Hup Ouatarra that some might be thinking, but:

5.0 - GW28 fixture - Tasty DGW29 - Picking up points.

Considering doing Andreas (who's now 4.3) to him to get another body in. But for the sake of argument, is there a better option out there at the budget end of things in midfield for the next two GWs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭macraignil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Tempted to ditch Estupinan for someone who plays 28 and doubles in 29, budget around 5m.

Tempted to do the same. Estupinian plays in Australia with Ecuador on the 28th, so wouldn't be surprised to see him rested on the 1st (GW29).

• Advertisement

Yeah I did consider that, he looks so dangerous tho, had a 1-on-1 in the last game but squared it instead of shooting.

Sub 5 my options would be Wesley Fofana, 3 home fixtures over the next two gameweeks and cheap enough at 4.3 to leave on the bench for the rest of the season then. (or doubling on Newcastle defence if you already haven't)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Possibly Haaland to Watkins and Andreas to Maddison 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

2 free transfers

Foden to Maddison

Estupinan to ??

That brings me up to 11. Was going to just stick with Estupinan but he is almost certain to miss half GW 29 at least as he will only be back from Australia the day before so I think I will sell him and use that Brighton spot for March in for Maddison.

Watkins is due to rise in price tonight, but the numbers are likely skewed by people wildcarding or taking a free hit. Think I'll wait and hope I can afford my planned moves on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2 FTs. Haaland to Watkins anyway.

I might just do that and play with 10 players.

I have to consider the weeks after though. In DGW29, my plan would be Mee to Shaw or Chilwell. I just don't wanna double up on Brentford defence.

My other transfer in DGW29 could be Kane to Haaland actually. I fancy Haaland at home to Liverpool rather than Kane away to Everton. I could bring back Kane in the week after too for Watkins/Toney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,694 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

My first -8 of the season. I'm not too concerned, as it lets me play 11, my rival only has 9 lined up so far, so may need hits to get in a full squad. The annoying thing is 2 of them will probably come right back in next week for the DGW

Mitoma - Almiron

March - Billing

Emerson Royal - Chilwell

Can someone throw up a captain poll for GW28? For some reason, I can't put up a poll. Maybe I'm still too new 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭mindhorn

To WC or not to WC? I was hoping to hold on to it a bit longer and go with maybe a -8 (I can field 8 players as it stands).

I wildcarded 2 weeks ago, so I am a bit biased. I don't see why you wouldn't set your team up this week, to get a full 11, who also have a DGW the next week. I would then play BB (if you have it still) in the DGW.

• Advertisement

Not sure what else you're waiting for really, this is the biggest BGW/DGW's of the season over the next 2/3 weeks, Wildcarding wih 5/6 games weeks left gives you much less time to make any progress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

The downside (and the reason I'm holding off, at least today!) is that the next GW is 2 weeks away and most of the good picks will have 2 Internationals and travel in the meantime. Who knows what players might get injured/be late back.

I hope to BB GW29 and then WC. However, if there is a run of injuries I will WC in 29 and BB later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'd be WC-ing to set your team up for BGW and DGW 29 BB then. We won't get another DGW the same size as this one in 29. You always will have the benefit of fielding 11 this GW. Most I feel will have 10 if not 9 this BGW. Holding onto the WC for later in the year may not be as beneficial, but again every team is different. Make sure you look at what players are travelling a distance for international break, Estupinan etc for Brighton. Just cover all angles.

Fpl.team website is your best friend for looking at what your team may look like in future GW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Have 2 FTs so will probably go Estupinan & Haaland to Chillwell & Havertz with a plan to revert back to Haaland in GW30. I'm leaning to Havertz over Watkins as I think he'll outscore him over the next 3 games, but then again both players have burnt me in the past so it's a tough call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Was planning the same but using FH in GW29 but think I'll WC this week now. Team in GW30 isn't looking great so would need to WC then. Could still follow my original plan and take -8 this GW to be better setup for this GW and GW30

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Haaland to Watkins and Lewis to Chilwell for a -4

Gets me 11 players out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Initial WC draft, leaves 2.6 itb. Torn between selling Haaland and/or Kane for Watkins/Havertz/Isak.

Below gives 11 for GW28 and 11 DGW players for GW29 (think Saka/White/Kane/Haaland could all score well in single fixture)

Kepa/Steele

Trippier, Schar, Chilwell, White, Mings

Saka, Rashford, Mitoma, Maddison, Billing

Toney, Kane, Haaland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

Saliba and Tomiyasu both gone off with knocks early in first half of Europa League game here. I'm holding fire on any transfers until my Arsenal lads come out safely at the other end tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭munster87

You’re making out as if a full 11 is essential when it isn’t

• Advertisement

It helps me towards my maximum DGW players in week 29.

I should have 29 scorers inc captain using BB that week. I'll only have 3 players on single game weeks.

It might be worth noting that Martinelli started tonight (and is still playing well into extra time) whereas Trossard, Odegaard and Saka all came off the bench. I wonder if Sunday is the day we see Marty get a rest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’d feel like it goes that way, yeah. Although they may not have Jesus ready for a start, so it could be that they start Martinelli but bring Jesus on for him quite early.

Its a big blow to his expected mins after such a short turnaround anyway, for sure.

Hmmm... I wonder will Martinelli's penalty miss lead to him being on the bench on Sunday. I agree with you that say that he would have been rested against Palace. I would have expected Jesus to start and Martinelli sub in. But will Arteta say to Martinelli, that he has to get back on the horse?

Zinchenko is the other guy who played 120 mins and in a position where you do sometimes tend to see guys rested.

Given that Arteta is managing in a title race and followed up by an international break, I think he’s gonna be reluctant enough to rest the guys who have gotten them to where they are now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭mindhorn

Thanks all. Had a look at a few WC options and could not come up with a team I was happy with. So maybe a -8 hit is the way to go instead of wasting it. Leaves me with coverage in this GW and mostly a squad of DGW players for GW29 (planning to use BB). I’m not crazy about getting Maddison in but his fixtures are good and I can’t think of anyone else to fill that spot.

And the international break in between is putting me off slightly as well.

• Advertisement

Did Estupian/Haaland to Chilwell/Watkins with my 2FT's

Full 11 for this week...

Kepa

Gabriel / Henry / Trippier / Schar / Chilwell

Maddison / Saka

Kane (c) / Toney / Watkins

Add in Raya / Rashford / March / Mitoma and my BB next week has 12 DGW's plus Saka / Gabriel / Kane

One of the Leicester ITKs on Twitter is of the opinion that Ward is likely to be dropped for Iversen this week.

That would be a blow for people who had him and a blanking keeper this week, or had him planned as part of BB next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

That would be beyond annoying tbh 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Torn between banking and going with 10 or transferring out a Brighton mid. Maddison would be first choice but his knee issue puts me off. Strongly considering Billing/Outtara as a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭COH

Bad news for anyone who transferred in Almiron.... he's out for 2/3 weeks

• Advertisement

Currently a good few pints deep and on this as a WC. Fairly content with it, as I have 11 for 28 but also 11 DGW for 29 with potential for another one with the FT.

Went with Odegaard over Martinelli as my 2nd Arsenal attacker because of minutes.

Plenty in the bank for Haaland in 30, with a route to Salah also, if needs be.

Estupinan the sticking point as he has that long travel. Want to try maximise the WC while I can. And don't want to be on double Brighton defence which locks me out of getting in March/Mac in the future. Can't really find another DEF which plays in 28 and has a nice 29 DGW

Would you consider Gabriel over Zinchenko? Just think his xMins and goal threat is better. Any worries about Maddison injury issues?

Very similar to mine. Going Havertz over Toney due to the 2 match ban approaching and the longer ban probably not miles away after that.

Toney could bang this week, but I don’t know if his expected returns over this and the DGW combined are worth a transfer (essentially what I’d be donating) better than Havertz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking like I'll be doing a late WC.

Had wanted to BB in 29 with a -8, but Ward likely dropped is an issue. Also with Toney a booking away from suspension, and only playing with 9 this week even with a hit, I think I'll WC and keep fingers crossed that my players stay fir for 29.

Before the EL game, I had Zinchenko down because of his potential over the next couple games. Attacking returns against Palace perhaps. The CS is a near lock, so the attacking return is where the real potential is I reckon.

Bit worried about xMins now though alright. Gabriel will have to play (as I'm assuming Saliba is a doubt?) to ensure that at least one of the regular CBs is playing.

Going with Toney just cos of form and he is my planned out for Haaland in 30 anyways. If I have to do a -4 for Havertz in 29, it's na easy switch as Havertz is cheaper.

Very stupid here, and I shouldn't be doing it, but I don't really want to 'support' Havertz in 29 given who he is playing!

So I now somehow own a Bournemouth mid with 0.1% ownership. This will be fun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

On WC, Almiron to Bowen, have 11 for this, but no bench.

He’s playing my team in the other game, but I’m long past worrying about having to play/captain against Villa when it’s the move (the relegation season it was almost the weekly play)

• Advertisement
Advertisement