Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical card dentists in Drogheda

Options
  • 12-03-2023 11:54pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals,

I’m looking to get some dental work done on a newly acquired medical card, only to find the dentist I go to, who used to take them, no longer does. They have a message up that because of the PPE costs, it’s no longer viable from a cost point of view to do medical card treatments for patients.

A quick google seems to throw up a grand total of zero possible options in Drogheda for dentists who take them. There’s news articles and clips of Imelda Munster in the Dail highlighting the issue, but I’ve not had much luck finding a solution to the issue.

Its kinda of caught me off guard cause I was holding off on going until I got the card, presuming there’d be someone in town who’d take it. So I thought I’d ask here, in case anyone knew. Is there any dental practices in Drogheda willing to take on new medical card patients?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭DarraghR

I am in the exact same boat. I recently move to Co. Dublin but have a dentist in Dublin City Center. I would like to switch for convince but it is proving very hard to find any supporting medical cards.

Everyone keeps telling me to go on the HSE website. Thing is I can no longer find the list that was there before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’ve spent the last few weeks looking but there’s seemingly, genuinely none in Drogheda. Utter insanity.

having to go to Balbriggan instead.

Advertisement