Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 286: Edwards vs Usman 3 Sat March 18th 5pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

So you reckon your right but everyone else and the UFC judges can't score a fight lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,274 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well a UFC judge gave a 30-27 to Vettori. What have you to say about?

Do you remember Felder being given a round by a judge against RDA and when he heard it he turned around with a wtf look on his face?

Did you even watch the fight?

I posted a round by round summary. Have you anything to say about that?

Would it not have suited you better to quote the round by round summary and give your opinion and then call me out on my comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭squidgainz

Lol calm town ted. He didn't trouble him. Right decision

Give me your round by round summary rather than just talk.like somebody who didn't even watch the fight.

As for the judges, you do realise that two of them only have Usman one round? They either didn't give him two or three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

You see what you want to see and then disregard what everyone else says. Telling everyone else they can't score a fight is daft.

When I watched it I actually did think Usman was winning, but it's very subjective these days what the judges are seeing and how they are scoring things.

The good thing about judging is they seem to finally be scoring damage and strikes higher than clinching and holding. Fwiw here's the numbers:

Leon on top.

PER ROUND

RD1

20 of 26 - 76%

12 of 42 - 28%

RD2

23 of 26 - 88%

24 of 50 - 48%

RD3

24 of 32 - 75%

17 of 32 - 53%

RD4

25 of 41 - 60%

14 of 37 - 37%

RD5

28 of 36 - 77%

20 of 44 - 45%

LANDED

ATTEMPTED

Take what you want from the numbers but after rewatching it today I'd score rounds 1, 4 and 5 for Leon with Round 2 being very close. A clear 10-8 in rd3 for Usman.

• Advertisement

Well you are calling it a draw. I said that's worst case scenario for Usman.

Let's be clear I'm calling it 3-2 Usman, you are going 3-2 Leon.

Only thing we differ on is round 4 where Usman upped the pace, hit the cleaner strikes but most importantly had Leon stuck to the cage for most of the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Someone seems to be talking through their pocket unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

terrible decision, Usman dominated and should have won easily

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

For me Usman holding Leon against the cage was Usman just stalling & basically trying not to fight,

He did no damage there at all, I understand there is octagon control but in this case it felt it was just to stall ,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭billyhead

As mentioned Leon had more cleaner hits that made impact. No point in looking like your dominating or controlling a fight if there's no end product.

• Advertisement

Exactly,

Usman looked so slow n terms of foot work and getting shot off, I think his time is up .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭billyhead

Edwards was the smarter fighter. Usman was using loads of wasted energy. Leon didn't seem in trouble at all and easily wrangled himself out of any possible danger.

Leon had the cleaner shots in rounds 1 and 5, no doubt about that. He won those two rounds easily, the two most dominant rounds by either fighter.

When you up against the cage defending takedowns you are being controlled. Even in the open in round 4 Usman upped the pace and did more in the round. Leon had a couple of decent shots in round 4 but so did Usman, he looked like he hurt Leon at one stage in that round.

I don't think there's any question mark about rounds 2 and 3. Usman took him down and controlled him on the ground in round 2. In round 3 Leon got a point deducted and lost the round too.

You have to remember a fight is counted round by round.

No doubt that over the five rounds that Leon did the better work but in my opinion from scoring it he lost three rounds.

Even if you give him round 4 it's still a draw, Leon keeps the belt and nobody is really complaining. When you give Leon four rounds then we have a problem. There is no way he won 2 or 3.

Also some people don't seem to understand that there are no drawn rounds. It's a ten point must scoring system where only fighter can get ten.points for a round. Only in a round with a point deducted can there be a case when neither fighter scores ten.

Two of the judges gave round 2 to Edwards. Those two guys should never judge a fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭barryribs

If possible, try to be more condescending. That will surely bring more people around to your side.

FWIW, the media had 58% Edwards winning, 28% draw, 14% Usman winning.

The problem is that a lot of people decide after the contest about who won, they don't go round by round. I've seen this in MMA and boxing among pundits and regular people.

As I said, even of you only give Usman wins in 2 and 3 it's a draw. Like in that circumstance I'd be saying I thought Usman won round 4 but I wouldn't be on here giving out about judges and people calling it a win for Leon.

I wanted Leon to win and I'm happy he still has the belt. I just can't believe he was judged as the winner. He's still champion if it's a draw.

I said in one of my first posts that worst case scenario for Usman is a draw.

My intention isn't to be condescending, I didn't think it came across that way.

Mate you've got this one wrong ,Leon won the fight the give away is Usman & his team have accepted it ,

Holding against the fence & doing nothing is stalling it is NOT octagon control ,Thankfully the judges seen it this way too,

Go check out site like Sherdog on the play by play all 3 lads watching scored 4 to Leon , He won that round end off ,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've judged fights at amateur level events, I rewatched the fight aswell. The scoring is correct, Usman was not effective in his control or striking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

The result was the right one. The best case scenario for Usman would've been a draw but in no world was he winning that fight and I didn't even think a draw was that likely before the result.

Having control means nothing if you're not achieving anything with it.

Advertisement