Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New policy with previous named driver and learner

Options
  • 13-03-2023 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Looking to get the daughter started with driving and getting her test passed. I have a full licence (15 years) and a current named driver on the wife's policy. Went to FBD (current insurer for last 7 years) to get a policy in my own name and with my daughter (22) with a learner permit.

Car in question was a new 2023 Suzuki Ignis 1.2 automatic.

FBD quoted €533 comprehensive with just me as the sole driver but wouldn't touch my daughter on the policy.

Any companies/brokers I could try or am I wasting my time chasing this due to age. No point buying the car for just me as work from home 3 days and commute to office on the bike other two.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

I've Two policies with 123 - ONe with the learner as the Main and one with a learner as a Named driver.

They should be able to help.

Advertisement