Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Surgery transfer

Options
  • 13-03-2023 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I moved from Smithfield D7 to Dolphins Barn D8 in December 2021. I applied to a local surgery, two bus stops away and finally got accepted. Then I was informed that the HSE has a hold on my card and I am unable to transfer from them. The reasons are not patient related.

I have to get a taxi to get to medical appointments because I need a hip replacement. €20 each way as my mobility has declined rapidly. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and Cauda Equina syndrome so chronic pain and fatigue is a big issue.

Last week I called for an appointment and was informed that I need to call at 9.30am on the days my gp is in and it's now a first come first serve basis... no more appointments.

I have ongoing issues with the practice and have done everything in my power to get away from them.

I have probably lost my place in the new surgery but I can't deal with issues like two consultations in a row to sort out my meds and having my chronic meds left off the last prescription!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I need a referral letter that can only come from an hse gp. They can't even get a prescription right.

Answers

Advertisement