Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 8 Security Lockout

• 13-03-2023 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Just got an iphone 8 from my uncle because, I lost my phone but, there's a problem. On the top left hand side of the screen it says "Locked SIM" and in the middle of the screen it says "Security Lockout" He tried entering the pin number a few times and it did not work. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭STEE

I turned the phone off and turned it back on It now says " iPhone Unavailable " What do I need to do to fix this ? So I can get into the phone. I have a card the SIM came with. It has the phone number, a PIN number, a PUK number and some sort of bar code with a 19 digit number and the phone number underneath it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭djdunny

I tried it on a MAC laptop. Phone did not show up in Finder and when I tried iTunes I need an apple ID and password. I managed to get a password but, have not yet tried the password. I dont know if its the right one. If its not the right one what else can I do ? Could I bring the phone to an Eir store ? Will they help ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭I am me123

I'd say to bring the phone into an Eir store, they would have the experience to sort out the problem.

Good luck

I got a password for iTunes but, it didn't work. I tried restoring the phone again and this time I managed to get it to work Well the "Restore and Update" option came up but, after downloading and extracting it A message pops up saying this. The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (-1). What does this error mean ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement