Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on Caravan Motor Movers , Truma SE ...

Options
  • 13-03-2023 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Wondering if any of you could help,

I believe I have an issue with the wiring to the Truma motor mover on the caravan, it was working fine but then stopped getting power to the control unit ( no blinking Lights).

When the power dropped, I was checking the connection to the caravan and while re-positioned/twisting the 13-pin cable it got power and worked again just enough to move the Caravan disconnect from the wheels.

Now it has stopped and won't power up, is this something you have seen before?

According to the Truma manual pins 6 and 3 connect to the motor mover, I have Ohmsed out these cables and they seem okay as I could see the connection

Would anyone know what I could test or is it safe to buy a control unit and replace it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Intermittent working like that seems like more to be a connection issue more than the board.

I'm not familiar with the truma movers but I know water spray can be an issue and also like all connections they can deteriorate.

No lights whatsoever sound like power.and the fact that it worked for a while after a cable wiggle seems to be a connection issue as opposed to a board fault

Check the isolator switch connection. Needs to be absolutely spotless. I had to replace one on demo model that was has never seen the outside fresh air but stopped working. Ultimately follow the power from the battery, to the switch, to the board to the movers themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tomdixon

thanks for your advice, since posting my question I have discovered it has something to do with the Safety Circuit, I got Advise on how to by-passed this safety circuit, which I did and got the power to the board again 😁  

Advertisement