Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Hire Excess Insurance

• 14-03-2023 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Anyone here with a good recommendation for 3rd party excess insurance? There are so many out there and most are around the same cost so interested in hearing any real-life examples and if you ever had the misfortune of needing to actually file a claim and how easy they were to deal with? No point in just picking some random option purely based on price is they end up being a nightmare to use. I do not plan on damaging my rental (in Spain) but want to know if something minor happened the excess company I used will actually do what they claim to do. I always just go with https://www.carhireexcess.ie/ which is a bargain at just €20 per week compared to €20 per day from a car hire company but will they do what they say they will do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I had to claim through www.carhireexcess.ie before & found them grand. I had to pay everything upfront myself & then claim. It probably took a little longer than through the rental company but for the money saving it was great. I think the claim took about 2 weeks but that was it. Everything was done online & money was sent through to my account to refund for what I'd paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Thank you. This is what I needed and will just continue to use these folks.

Advertisement