Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil service panels

• 14-03-2023 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

Has anyone ever been placed on a panel and NOT gotten a job out the end of it.

I know PAS ect always say its not a guarantee but wondering does it actually happen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Xander10

I'd imagine it happens quiet often, but someone might correct me of I am wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

It definitely happens in the counties outside Dublin. Dublin is pretty much the only place that exhausts panels.

I've placed on two separate panels in the past for AO and not had my position reached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

It's an AO panel and I'm high teens for my area so I'm wondering will i be reached as it's not Dublin. Panel only lasts a year so hard to tell.

Its so much work to get on a panel it must be deflating not to get the job out the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭2021_AP

It happens outside of Dublin definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Maybenever

Yes, PO panel too. Outside of Dublin. Sucks. Had to climb the mountain again and got it next time around. If it happens to you, just go again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement