Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Idea - where to start

Options
  • 14-03-2023 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,

I have a business idea that I'd really like to explore. Ideally I'd need a website and app but unfortunately I'm not very technical in this area.

Would anyone have any advice or guidance on where would be the best place to start?

I'm going to get in contact with my local enterprise office too but I believe in order to avail of grants I need to be 6 months + in business.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Do the New Frontiers Programme. Perfect for 1st Time Entrepeneurs and someone at a very early stage like yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

You can try no-code app development platforms that have free tier option for newbies. I think as a startup, you should spend a lot to build website or app.

Identify problems, Validate that they are significant enough problems to a considerable amount of people then come up with a solution for that problem

Identify problems, Validate that they are significant enough problems to a considerable amount of people then come up with a solution for that problem

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭noahungry

Two of my cousins also did this New Frontiers Programme, and they were happy with what it offers. You can check WordPress for building a website, they have tons of tutorials. I would, however, consider hiring a professional both for the website and the app. You can learn about the tech stuff along the way, but for building from scratch, I recommend some investing. Good luck on your path, hope you'll make it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alexago

I'm thinking about starting a travel agency. I know that it is not easy and it would be great to understand what to start with.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, and any other tips are appreciated.

Advertisement