Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tourist Visa

• 14-03-2023 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am an international student in Germany and my girlfriend lives in Ireland, I have a student visa currently in Germany but want to apply for a tourist visa to Ireland, I will be visiting the country frequently. Can I apply for multiple entry visa on the first attempt itself? or should I first apply for a single entry visa? I have no previous travel history except Germany

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭89897

What country passport do you travel on? Most of the info you need should be found here https://www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-visit-ireland/how-to-apply-for-a-short-stay-c-visit-tourist-visa/#who

I believe you can apply for multi entry visa but its not guaranteed until you have a history of compliant travel. So if its your first time to Ireland they may only grant a single and after maybe 2-3 visits you'll get a multi.

If you apply for a pay for a multi entry but only get granted a single you cant get a refund on the price difference, just to be aware

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Saksham101

Hello thank you for your reply, I travel on an Indian passport but currently living in Germany as a student. Also, can you tell me how much bank balance should i keep in my bank in order to obtain a tourist visa for Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭89897

I don't know how much is needed, I believe there is no set amount and its case by case but you do have to show proof of funds. Im sure the info is on that link i attached however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Saksham101

Thank you for the information.

Advertisement