Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case 1494 electrical issue

• 14-03-2023 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi i was driving my 1494 this evening when all my lights, beacon, wiper, radio, etc suddenly stopped working. Fuses all look ok. Anyone know what could have caused this or where to start looking. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Good luck. 😀

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Are any of the electrics working? Beacon, wiper and radio are cab roof items. I done a quick google and found this:

The most common cause of power loss to the cab roof electrics on a 94 is the multi plug which is inside the cab frame on the rh side of the front screen, where you split the wiring harness to lift the top half of the cab off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭green daries

Plus one on that it's nearly guaranteed. corrosion occurs in the power supply up the cab rots away can go at the top of the pillar under the roof section

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jack142

UPDATE: I replaced the fuse for the lights and beacon as they werent working when i tested with multimeter. Headlights are back working but no beacon or wiper motor working or anything in upper cab. Also i had replaced fuse for headlights recently so dont know why it blew again. Still no power in upper cab. Anyone know where to go from here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Did you look at the multiplug to the cab roof? I've not worked on a 1494 or that range, but you might have to take roof off to investigate. @FintanMcluskey is usually the one in the know on here on tractors.

Have you been doing anything out of the ordinary recently that might have caused a wire to break or earth - such as installing a radio, servicing, etc? Might help narrow down the location of the fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭green daries

Power supply runs up the cab pillar. brown sheethed cable they go rotten and stop carrying current and also break zthe the joints as said above. Try locate cable at the the bottom of the pillar or lift the top of the cab usually 4 8mm bolts and loosen the window wiper on certain models ... hope this helps

Advertisement