Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velo Club Balrothery Sportive : April 16.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Koutoubia - the 100k route on the Eventmaster link differs from your route posted above. The Eventmaster route also has the start and end at Balbriggan RC instead of Ring Common Sports Club. It won't matter to those of us who know those roads but might be a bit confusing for those who are travelling to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Thanks WA.

We noticed that but for some reason we cant seem to change it.

We will put someone up at the Rugby club to redirect anyone going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭this.lad

Looks like a good route for the 100k. Is it rolling out at 9 or half past?

09.30 from Ring Commons sport centre.

The eircode and location is in my first post.

Hope to see you there.

Yeah ill be there.

Ticket says 9, fb says 9.30 so wanted to check as I'm coming up from the sticks.

• Advertisement

Yep its 09.30. If you are doing the 100k route it would do no harm to download the route to your headunit if you can. All jcts will be marked but just have a backup just in case.

I'll be out the back fast by the sounds of it 🤣

Is the route the one here or on event master?

Thanks

The one on here.

You may be out the back fast but I would gaurantee that once the routes split and the real climbing begins you wont be alone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

would have liked to have done this, but i've some low grade bug i can't seem to shake. went out today and the tank had emptied by the time i was 50km in.

Pity. But the link to the routes are there so feel free to give them a blast

One of the lads has now created the routes as stand alone KoM so it's a target.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i did spot someone had marked the craters at fforde de fyne, but i can see people coming croppers if they're in a bunch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Must be the glasnevin air. I've been poorly since Wednesday

As long as people call the holes there shouldn't be any incidents.

But I suppose it's not an ideal world we live in!

Really enjoyed that today koutoubia - well done to all involved.

(...and the bonus of a chance encounter with the legend that is NamelessPhil at Bellewstown).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Great friendly event and a good indicator of whether the winter training paid off or you should have done more.

Looking forward to seeing the photos (on Facebook?)

Good day out lads, thanks.

We encountered some issues on the day such as signage being 'removed' at critical junctions. We know this may have led to some people going wrong so we apologise for that.

We did a recce on Sat and all signs were there so it was unfortunate.

Everything that goes wrong or right is taken in board so we can improve.

Thanks to all for showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

It was a fantastic job, well done to you and all involved in setting it up!

• Advertisement

reckon it might have been local anti-cycling sentiment?

2 km/h faster average than last year so a yes I think 😊

Stronger tailwind this year plus more downhills 😀

Dont know tbh. We have never come across this as an issue in that area before nor would any of the clubs in the area. In fact the area has a small club I believe and also have run events so was surprised to hear.

The junction at the school in Garristown seemed to cause a bit of confusion. While I waited there for our bunch to regroup, several other approaching riders queried the route direction and despite me telling them to turn left (if on the 100k), they decided to go straight on as detones had said where there is no signage, go straight through.

Yeah. This is where we had the issue .

Appreciate the help WA and Mercian.Always appreciated.

Was in a strong group at the front, good gang of lads in it.

My winter miles paid off. 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

It was a great day for it and really enjoyed it

Great to be able to give feedback here Koutoubia. Lots of positives and only one minor negative - as mentioned elsewhere, the marshals were great but on one or two corners it would have been even better if they has swept any loose gravel away beforehand. It's a while since I marshalled a club race but I think we used to be encouraged to brink a sweeping brush if we were driving out.

• Advertisement

Thanks MP.

Marshalls were asked on the ZOOM Meeting on the Fri night to bring a brush with them if they could for that exact reason.

Obvioulsy some of them didnt.

All learning curves for future ref.

Advertisement