Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock Huawei 5g cpe pro 2?

Options
  • 15-03-2023 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hi. I hope I'm posting in the best place to get a reply to my query. I have a Vodafone Huawei 5g cpe pro 2 router. Is it possible/feasible to get it unlocked in order to use sim cards from other networks in it. I don't think Vodafone will support a request, as it's not in contract and I wasn't the original owner. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

As far i know , non of ISP's would unlock routers even if you in contract.

Shop on Ebay - there use to be ads unlocking various routers back in the day, used once - €1 costed then. They will ask you to provide EMEI code to them. Third party service - some risk to brick device if things go wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

My CPE Pro 2 from Vodafone was unlocked. Try a different sim in it, you might be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks. It was unlocked. I just hadn't tried another SIM. Happy days.

Advertisement