Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combined Saorview & Freesat Channel List

Options
  • 15-03-2023 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Are there any TV's where I can assign a mix of Saorview / Freesat channels to the same list / list of numbers 1 = RTE 1, 2 = RTE2, 3 = BBC1, 4 = BBC2 etc etc.?

Kind of annoying having to switch tuners all the time (as i do with my Samsung TV)....

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

I find LG TVs to be the quickest. Long Press 1 for Saorview, Long Press 2 for Freesat

You can get a Walker TV and manually chose your own order, but if a UK channel changes frequency, then you have to set it up again etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭decor58

I have LG and Walker, pro's and cons to both, the LG can be tuned as Saorview and Freesat, with 7 day epg, auto updates, but on separate lists, you can use the quick access. The Walker has all channels on one list, Saorview channels from 1 on, satellite channels from 300 but on the same list. Like as has been said, if a channel changes frequency, it has to be manually tuned on the Walker, it takes a couple of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Instead of using quick access for Saorview & Freesat on the LG can you add them to the home scream simliar to how you access netflix etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lebigmacncheese

Any shortcuts for adding channels to the same list/ home screen on Samsung / Tizen OS?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Fake Tales

Sort of with Sony.

You can have Saorview channels on one list and Freesat on another.

However you can create a favourites list. You need to keep all Saorview together and then Freesat thought. But you can reorder within that.

The issue I have is that I have to rescan the Freesat every week for the guide to load. And then they get dropped from the favourites. So not worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement