Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef - Netflix

Options
  • 15-03-2023 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭

A24 produce some really interesting stuff this could be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you’ve seen any of Ali Wong’s stand up - also on Netflix - you’ll get that she doesn’t do anything in half-measures. I expect her to use all the Language you know, and some you don’t.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

After one episode it's looking like a solid show. The first episode is a lot of set up, including the road rage incident in question. So far it reminded me a little of Crash (the 2004 movie) with Wong in the Sandra Bullock role, as a woman who seems to have it all but doesn't quite have it together. That's probably as close as it's going to get, though. Some reviews are already tipping the leads for Emmys next year.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Totally binged this…thought it was excellent. The music was brilliant too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Top scores in the reviews!

currently 8.4/10 imdb and 99% critics 94% audience RT

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished it last night. I enjoyed it, but didn't think it was anything incredible or wonderful. Yeun and Wong were terrific but I wouldn't have rated the supporting cast too highly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved it start to finish. Wong and Yeun absolutely deserve award nominations for this. One of my favourite programs of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's absolutely brilliant, probably the best thing I've ever seen on Netflix. Total rollercoaster from start to finish, and the cast are just incredible across the board. Wasn't at all familiar with Ali Wong but she deserves an award for that performance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The best thing on TV for a long time, loving every episode, this show deserves a lot more recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭apache

I'm just starting episode 9 and really enjoying it. Didn't know anything about it before I started watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭amacca

I'd agree...Great performances from the leads, didn't think the supporting cast were too bad either unlije you.....but like you didn't think it was anything incredible either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

It’s terrific

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ketchupmessi63

I went in with zero prior knowledge of the two leads and love every second of it thus far (I'm 5 episodes in)

The most pleasant Netflix surprise in recent memory (at leas in my case)

I hope that it won't lose steam in the final episodes, but the script seems rock solid indeed

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I loved it. I think we'd all like to engage in some pettiness at times. Great soundtrack as well. A lot of stuff there I was listening to 20 years ago. Steven Yeun did a great job covering Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Disappointing ending, once Amy and Danny drove over the edge , they should have allowed them die, the fifteen minute hallucinatory segment could have been shown afterwards to be them together in the afterlife

George showing up and shooting Danny was clunky in my opinion , it let what was a great show down

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm struggling to get into this, even though I want to like it. I've made 3 attempts to watch it, and I'm still only halfway through the second episode. I don't know why, but every time the cryptocurrency is mentioned, I cringe. I don't know why and I don't know if it's even going to be anything more than a very minor element, barely referenced.

And I don't like the male character at all (Danny?), not that I have to like characters to enjoy a programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I totally agree with this. I was enjoying it until the final 2 episodes. Felt it ended really poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Really loved the music choices in this series. A lot of what I would have listened to in the late 90's, early 00's. Found myself going back through a lot of that music, and then back down to earth with the realisation it's 23 years later..🥴😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got to agree with this.

Found each episode enjoyable, but thought the ending was a bit of a let down.

Some cracking lines in it though.

Advertisement