Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georgia Tech v Florida State Dublin 2024.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭csirl

Yes, that's correct. There's a difference between a sell out and a full house. The bulk of tickets in this sort of event are sold to "ticket wholesalers" who in turn sell onto travel agents and people selling hospitality packages. I dont doubt that the organisers have shifted all the tickets, but that doesnt mean the wholesalers and agents and others a step or two further along the supply chain have sold the tickets they"ve purchased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Virgin are strange bedfellows.for the NFL to have here. They are a cheap ass set of stations, happy to. Relay cheap ass ITV programs, including this NFL preview show, which in itself is a cheap ass clone of the show that was on BBC for years.

Pity in a way NFL. Europe wouldn't ally.woth tg4 to develop.or even Rte to develop a FTA presence in Ireland, it won't happen with Virgin I can tell you. I understand fully the NFL and CFB are separate, but still, a overall strategy would make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭csirl

NFL and CFB are competitors in the International market. While clashes dont help fans who want to see both, its good that the NFL is taking specific actions to develop the Irish fanbase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The ticket situation this year is so bonkers. I've been to these College games in the past and been able to get something last minute cheap but no such luck this year. I'm in the UK these and held off on booking travel until tickets were sorted but think I'm just going to book travel now and cross fingers I get a ticket....

I remember they used to do High School games at Donnybrook the day before. Any word on if that sort of thing is going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Yep, in Donnybrook again.

"his year will include three games on Friday which includes:

- Mclay School vs Windham School

- IMG Academy vs Episcopal School of Dallas

- AFI Junior Wolfhounds vs Great Britain U19

Good chance at seeing some future NFL stars with IMG Academy. They've had at least 2 former students drafted for the last 6 years in a row, and a first round pick the last 5 years in a row.

• Advertisement

Fantastic. I had such a fun day watching that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

Two tickets on sale here:

https://secure.ticketmaster.ie/rs/18005EAFD4869A20/l9772st0v

Post edited by death1234567 on

Thank you thank you thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Paddy Houlihan

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

At the moment, neither this game nor the episode of College GameDay immediately preceding it is in Sky Sports advance schedules. Hopefully it’ll be sorted nearer the time - Sky are showing one Week 0 game later that night so I don’t think it’s the question of rights (unless they’ve sublicensed it to TG4 which is why they aren’t showing it) but there are fairly full schedules on Sky Sports that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I'm confident the Sky Sports schedules are not updated, the below link on the College Football Ireland website published 8th August clearly states TG4 are showing it live for Ireland Sky Sports are covering the game for the UK. College Gameday was also screened live by Sky from mid last season when they obtained the rights I don't see why they wouldn't be showing the Dublin week 0 show live

I assume College Gameday in Dame Street will be free to access? I also see Pat McAfee is hosting his show live on the Friday in J.R. Mahon's and it's not ticketed first come first served, it's going to absolute mayhem when that pub opens for anyone trying to get in there with thousands of Americans over!

https://collegefootballireland.com/news/dublin-set-to-welcome-27000-international-fans-for-the-2024-aer-lingus-college-football-classic-sell-out-game-generating-in-excess-of-115-million-economic-boost/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

One week to go. Looking forward to this. Great to see how much the series is growing even from the Nebraska Northwestern game.

3 or 4 live podcasts being recorded from Dublin between Friday and Saturday. Will be a great excitement in the captial.

5pm much better kick off time compared to the 7pm last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Led to believe by some sources the Dublin game plus GameDay will be on Sky Sports+ (the replacement for what used to be the red button launched last week). I can’t confirm this myself unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I might have 2 tickets available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Any tail gating happening on the day

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JR Mahons has a tailgate party with a live Irish pro football podcast recording. It’s a ticketed event not sure if it’s sold out yet.

Sponsored by Budweiser last year their tailgate was pretty good. Good atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Is there any or much street parking near the Aviva these days.

Two years ago I parked in Ballsbridge Park in a area managed by APCOA but that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.

And years ago I used to street park on Haddingron Rd or on lanes just off it.

Is there much street parking in the area ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I parked at the RDS last year, was handy enough for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cdemess

anyone know what the flyover is this year?

• Advertisement

I'm guessing that will be just open for the event, as their website says parking is Mon - Fri 7am to 7pm.

Pat McAfee show is in dublin on friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Red Headed Stranger

Single ticket available @ https://secure.ticketmaster.ie/rs/18005EAFD4869A20/lvbys9tt0

College Gameday from Dublin and the game itself will be indeed on Sky Sports+ .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Handful of lower tier €100.00 priced tickets have appeared on ticketmaster now if anyone is looking

166 resale tickets on Ticketmaster right now.

Anything from €55 for upper tier corner to €700+ for package type ones.

Kirk Herbstreit was saying on the Pat McAfee Show that the Florida State Athletic Director told him he expects 25,000 FSU fans to be in Ireland for the game.

If that's anyway close to accurate then it goes a long way to explaining the strong ticket demand since they went on sale.

Does anyone know if ponchos will be available to buy on the day if it rains?

I just read that people have been queuing up since this morning for the pat McAfee show.

I was hoping to get in while up for the day

• Advertisement

I got one last year outside the stadium. Did the job.

Advertisement