Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESBN New Regulations on NC6 Form on 6kW 25amp Inverters May 31/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Murt2

What inverter are you going for, what's your current one? Two days ago I got 41.5, I've a neighbor with ridiculously tall trees causing shading issues in the late evening....🙄

I still have yet to come across a house PV owner on NC7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Sunsynk 8.8kw hybrid, had a Solis 6kw hybrid up until about 2 months ago and I did check against last year's generation, for about this time of the year not much difference between the two.

I got some chimney shading in the mornings too so probably losing a bit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Murt2

Oh yeah, I've a Solis, not a fan. Wait until mid-May, you'll see a difference! So are you exporting or using the 8kW from the array? If not, the invertor will throttle the DC power. That's likely why you're not even hitting 7.

I just looked up that Sunsynk 8.8kw hybrid inverter there now....That will do the job! Can the grid output be limited to 6kW?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

No throttling as I use all of it usually but one of the strings 4kwp is at a very low angle around 10-15 degrees or so while the other is 38 or so, so it makes sense for this time of the year due to sun angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

I emailed in the NC6 form myself, how many days before you get a response?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭con747

You are better off getting in touch with ESBN, I think the email is on the FAQ sticky and verifying receipt of it, then get them to email clarification as proof in case it goes missing like some have.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

It's there on 4400B0 at least. ESB Micro and ESB Mini. Mine is currently set to EN50549.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭tandcapply

Can someone please clarify, I'm no expert and am at the qoute stage so need an unbiased answer please to weather this inverter is eligable or not:

growatt MIN 6000TL-XH Inverter

Post edited by tandcapply on

Max output current exceeds 25A so it wouldn't be eligible after the cut-off date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I also think that it will become increasingly difficult (speculation) that suppliers will have 6kw units to install as we approach the date. Why? Well think of it from the suppliers viewpoint. They won't want to have these 6Kw units on hand come the cutoff date as they won't be able to shift them. They may be able to return to their own distributor (maybe), but considering that nobody else in Ireland will want them either, i suspect they will become scare as we approach the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carbuncle

Kelihers are selling the growatt 6kw hybrid mentioned above for €1100 ex vat, inc dongle - this is around €200 cheaper than the 5kw. I just bought one, well it’s not arrived yet.

you have to be fast to get your nc6 in though although you can submit before your installation is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

I seen on FB someone was saying that they contacted ESB about the NC6 and they were told that the deadline of the 31st May for 6kw inverters refers to the date they add it to the system not the date it’s submitted. Anyone hear anything similar to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo101

That's going to be some nightmare!

My NC6 got processed on Monday....about a 2 week lead time from when it was sent in!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dev1234

Just a heads up on this.

My NC6 form was submitted last Monday week, the 8th, and I received an email this morning from Energia stating that the ESBN has informed them that I am eligible for the micro-generation scheme.

10 working days in total but there may be a day or two lag between ESBN processing the NC6, them informing Energia and Energia informing me.

May be useful for those looking to get a 6kW inverter approved before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

still waiting for my eircode to be created. need it for the nc6 form...looks like i'll miss the deadline :(

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

Have you the system all installed? If so take pictures of it, while of course pictures metadata can be altered, they may not be "difficult" about it.

Personally with zero knowledge here, I would imagine that there would be some leeway of a week or two where they aren't going to chase people, however if your installing 6kw systems in July/August....good luck with that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 42 flipper2009

Our installation with a 6kw inverter was supposed to happen this week. The company now say that they'll install next week. Will it be very tight to get the 6kw inverter registered with ESB Networks? i presume it's the installer who will submit the N26 with the eletrician details etc.? Fingers crossed

Post edited by flipper2009 on

I believe NC6 is supposed to be advance of the install rather than after.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 flipper2009

Thanks. Should i see it on my ESB Networks account now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

id put in my neighbours one and if it gets called out after you can just give them the correct one when it arrives. Id do anything now to get the cert in the system rather than sitting on it

I do. Going to ask the sparky tomorrow what he thinks.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

Not a bad idea. I'll speak to the sparky to get his opinion.

No. The kit hasn't arrived yet but I know the details to put on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭con747

Put the details on the NC6 and play ignorant about the Eircode, just put your address in. Sure you never heard of Eircode's, and with a bit of luck your sorted, once it's submitted it should hopefully be ok. Just get confirmation before the deadline.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Leave the Eircode blank, no problem at all, a recent installation I arranged was at a farm address with no Eircode and no question asked. All they need is the MPRN.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Sorry if it's a noob question.... But....

If I got a 6kw inverter at 27.3A with NC6 form accepted etc, after June 1st will my inverter output to grid be capped at all to 25A?

So does it matter if I got a 6kw or a 5.5kw one now if it'll be limited either way?

Thanks

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

No, ESBN have no way in "capping" any inverter (before or after June1st). What they are saying is that you would be in breech of the regulations if you install a 6Kw after Jun1st. What does that mean? Well for one you might be asked to remove it and replace it with a 5kw one, or they may not decide to pay you Feed-in-tariff.

So if you have the opportunity to install a 6Kw one now before Jun 1st and can get the paperwork in.....do it. Get that bad boy in there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I sent through NC6 Friday and email today from ESB saying system updated

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

No inverter installed.. But will be soon.. Do ye think it's worth while sending in the NC6 form tonight as its the 31st?

Advertisement