Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Dole for the first time in 20 years

• 17-03-2023 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello

so for the first time in 20 years i will be visiting the Dole Office , i presume since i left my job voluntary i will have to wait 9 weeks ? also does this payment get backdated from the time i have left my current role ? im also wondering what benefit's you can access whilst on the dole , for example i am a forklift driver with an out of date licence , will they send me for a refresher course if i ask? also what about asking the Social Welfare for a particular Company i would like to work for is this ok to ask?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,035 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I can be a bit more complicated than that: did you leave due to illness (doctors advice / cert needed) or because of an issue that you are taking in employment case over? They are two ways to avoid the 9 week standdown. I believe there are others, but cannot think of them right now.

The timing starts the day you apply, and isn't normally backdated.

Extra support (courses etc) usually only starts if you've not found a job under your own steam after a few months.

Advertisement