Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Francis Farm

• 17-03-2023 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Anybody had any experience with St Francis Farm in Carlow? I'm on a waiting list and it could come up at any time. I'm getting worried....

It's a 12 week residential stay for addiction treatment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It is good that this is still there. Please do not worry. After all if it gets too much you can leave? And a real chance to get free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I don't have any experience of residential care, but I have experience of people dealing with addiction.

In all cases the person first has to admit there is a problem and personally I think this is the biggest step.

You obviously have admitted this, so absolutely well done.

The second is the person actively wants to get help and get clean. Again the fact you've registered for this program shows that you want this , so again well done.

You've covered the 2 hardest steps already!

It will take work and you'll probably be faced with a few unpleasant home truths, but you can do this. Go in with an open mind.

There maybe times that it gets intense but try to push through them and stay focus on the end goal.

Best of luck, you can do it!

Advertisement