Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bronze Case?

Options
  • 17-03-2023 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

Hi

was looking at a 42mm Flieger with a bronze case

Havent had a bronze case before and was just wondering if anyone has had - bronze case. Is it heavy? How does it wear? Does it tarnish? Do you get fed up of it and regret it.

is a bronze case a good look on a black dialled flieger.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

It will absolutely tarnish. I think that's what draws some people to the cases tbh. Is it a good look? Only you can decide on that really. Do you like the look of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've had one a TC9 turtle and the metal itself is wonderful IMO. Yes it will tarnish, and take on patina. You can use dips or polishing to keep it lustrous or let it acquire a patina. I do like the verdigris effect that some watches acquire.

The new Sinn bronze/gold alloy watch has piqued my interest, tho I am on a buying hiatus currently.

Advertisement