Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing Order Repayment on a Bank Holiday

Options
  • 18-03-2023 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My standing order repayment for a Student Loan is usually on a Friday. But because its Paddy's Day didn't see money taken out of my account and so I paid manually to the SO account in case. Will this affect my loan in any case by increase the amount I have to pay because money wasn't taken out due to a Bank Holiday? And when will the original SO repayment be paid at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The money would just be taken out the next working day - having manually paid or a delay in payment by that much won't affect anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi ro70,

Yes, the standing order will be just taken today as this is the next working day for processing payments.

You will not be at any financial loss due to it being taken out today instead of last Friday.

If you have any other queries in relation to the loan our lending team are available on 0818 200 334 between 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri. 

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement