Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanderly Wagon

• 18-03-2023 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, apologies if this thread is under the wrong catagory, but I'm wondering if the 'Wanderly Wagon' logo is copyrighted? My reason for asking is we wish to name our caravan after this show, but for the life of me I can not find out if we did that, would we be in breach of copyright law😣 Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated 😉

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I’d say Godmother and O’Brien would be fine with it but sneaky snake might tell Dr. Astro.

Best to have a chat with Rory over a cuppa and a few slices of today’s bread today and some exceedingly good cakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

If its a caravan for private use I wouldn't see a problem but of youre using for it for commercial purposes under the Wanderly Wagon name that a would be a different key of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Evek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

What is the van like, is it a classic wagon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Go for it... I don't think you would have a problem using it as a nostalgia nod on your own vehicle. There are few enough of us left that would know what the reference is anyway and anyone who does, would be glad to see it.

On a quick google, the name is already being used for a tour business on the Arran Islands : https://wanderlywagontours.com/

And someone in the states has the name used in a web domain for their own traveling adventures : https://thewanderlywagon.com/

It is fitting that you posted your question over St Patrick's weekend.... as a child the highlight of the Dublin Parade was watching out for the Wagon and to see Rory, O'Brien, Judge and Godmother waving out, in real life ! For a while after the end of the prog, the wagon was 'parked' out on the back lot at Donnybrook - I wonder where it wandered, after that?

Update : From Wiki -

"The original Wanderly Wagon used in the making of the show is on display at Tinahely Farm Shop in County Wicklow. The smaller replica of the Wanderly Wagon used when filming the opening scenes of Wanderly Wagon is on display in The Little Museum of Dublin on St. Stephen's Green in Dublin."

Might get a trip down to Tinahely in the summer. 😁

• Advertisement
Advertisement