Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating a Mutant HD50

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Might you have tried a different power supply?

Dont factory reset it as it causes more issues

I have never used a recovery file so cannot comment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Different power supply tried now and no difference.

Any help appreciated otherwise I'm going to have to throw this in the bin - even though there is just some configuration issue with it due to lack of updates.

Regretting buying Opensource crap now - wish I ignored whoever told me not to let it update itself. Parent has not had TV in the room since St Patricks day now.

Also joke of a box requiring specific USB sticks to work.

I have had many boxes and found out about usb size and makes matter

8Gb Kingston , Cruzer , Integral all work for me.

Found this on Wos

Hi you should have a a file hd51 which you put on your usb then power of the box (unplug) next open the flap on the front and insert the usb stick then press the power button on the front and hold it in while switching the power back on, you should see flashing on the front display then after about 5 seconds release the front power button

https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/mutant-images/hd51/

From a good Friend Abu,

There are two versions of each image. Reading between the lines:

When flashing an image by USB flash drive, use the file ending in "_recovery_emmc"

Rechecking if any recovery file works on Openvix image.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

@funkey_monkey Download the EMMC Recovery Image. Here

Read the instructions here

Basically its download zipped image. Unzip to root of empty USB drive.

Switch off box. Put in the USB port at the back. Switch box on. The box should go through the recovery process, on screeen.

Very difficult to kill these boxes as they use EMMC rather than volatile mem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Yes - this has worked. I should have followed my gut on previous page and tried it.

So it is back up and now rescanning channels. I'll need to figure out now if that recovery has updated the image or if I need to redo it.

The figure out how to setup it all up again.

Thanks all.

Menu and information and about should tell whats on the box , dont forget to install the hdd again and make sure it listed and epg is going to it.

Advertisement