Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered and accepted new job JSA

Options
  • 19-03-2023 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I got offered full time employement, but the job doesn't actually start for another month.

Two questions

1. If I notify Social Services of the offer will my claim be nullified straight away?
    2. Can I claim JSA up untill my first monthly paycheck as that first month will be impossible to survive without a loan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Your claim will end the day you start working & with the real time reporting since PAYE modernisation they will take back any overpayment for the time you were working if the claim was still open whilst working.

So you qualify for JSA until you start but not for the weeks you are working once you start (otherwise you would get JSA plus wages, hence be over paid)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

If there is a time lag between starting work And being paid, you can go to community welfare and they can assist. Bring 3 months bank statements and contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pyres

Many thanks for the prompt replies and help. Much appreciated. Had no idea about community welfare. Hopefully that will mitigate taking out a loan.

Advertisement