Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turkish Airlines EU261 Compensation

• 19-03-2023 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

Hello everybody,

On 29th of june 2022, Our DUB-AYT flight was late by 3h54mins

Distance 3380km.

Mechanical problem, faulty tyre.

4 passengers, so €400 each, €1600 total.

I made a claim in the past with Ryanair, it was easy, straight forward, but can't find any direct claim links on Turkish Airlines website.

Was thinking about contacting the airline directly and if they deny the claim or don't communicate, then would go the small claims court route as the total amount is less than 2k or through one of those companies who specialize in the claims, but charge a fee.

Just wanted to check, if anybody made an eu261 claim for a delayed Turkish Airlines flight in the past and would have any recommendations?

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

how late was the arrival? It's arrival time not departure time that determines eligibility for claiming.

You must contact the airline directly first - SCC won't entertain you if you don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,557 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

2 of us flew with Turkish in October, the connecting flight from Istanbul onwards was delayed by 3.5 hrs. Couldn't find anything on Turkish's website other than general email mailbox or phone line, so submitted a claim through Airhelp. They take 30% I think, but better than nothing, so sent whatever was needed to them and let them submit on my behalf. Was 2-3 weeks back on forth on getting all documentation in order, Claim was submitted to Turkish on Jan 4th, and accepted on Feb 6th. Currently waiting on funds to transfer back to me, which they said could take up to 2 months.

Claim is up to €600 i believe, not €400, so think we are getting (2x€600)-30%, so €840.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Its 400 each in our case, end destination is less than 3500kms. So we still qualify for a small claim court, €35 is cheaper than 30%. Will see what they say, might suggest them payment as a gift voucher, eyeing at some destinations that Turkish Airlines fly to, might be a win-win both all.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Was late by 3h54mins. That was the plan, to contact them first and if they don't communicate, go scc route.

Advertisement