Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban on Creosote Posts

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭hopeso

I’d say they’re gone up in most places….but what hasn’t. They’re €2 dearer in my nearest supplier. His biggest concern is if he’ll be able to get enough to meet demand, which kind of makes sense because those importing them were probably slowing down in recent times in case they’d be left with large stocks of illegal product. Likewise those producing them have probably eased off, expecting the market to shrink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭older by the day

What about burning them. I see that's all the craze on diy

https://youtube.com/shorts/FI7l3Xr1uQY?feature=share

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Can’t get any posts in my co op. The one time I would like to have a couple. Always the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭purplefields

Isn't it the case that these are banned because creosote is a carcinogen?

I wonder if there was a similar rush on asbestos prior to that being banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

Ordered 120 octoposts am there and had ordered 30 strainers as Xmas. Price def up since last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭older by the day

Diesel and used oil

https://youtu.be/CpVDAobaKPo

• Registered Users Posts: 48 rodderss

The ban is all Ireland and you won't be able to get them through customs/Revenue etc after April 30th.There kind of is an alternative or two but they are oil versions of Tanalith. Who knows where to go from here but there is no hope of getting Creosote posts from anywhere now as the demand exploded and all the big co ops/frs have everything bought up.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Ordered 35 pdm 5 fts 4/5inch rounds creosote last October 300 euro including vat Ordered 35 more today 340 euro all in. Happy enough under the circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 48 rodderss

Not a bad price.

Advertisement