Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone told me get lost basically

Options
  • 20-03-2023 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

After multiple days of chat on the app and multiple calls from tech support Vodafone has now basically told me to get lost. They apparently have done every check possible and still I can't send SMS messages. They also say the area is working as normal but this is false, my neighbours, girlfriend and parents have the same issue.

I bought a new phone but still the same.

It's affecting my business big time as communication with customers is now a pain (via SMS).

Anyone else had an luck with this situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Let me guess. You ported your number from a different network into Vodafone? It sounds like the port was not done correctly meaning the routing table was not updated. They can fix it but it may be as easy to port to another network (and back again if you want) to get it resolved so long as you are not now locked into a contract. If you are locked in persist and ask them to raise a ticket with their tech team to update the routing table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭sundodger5

I have seen some phones that look like it is a text being sent but it is actually an app that uses something similar to apple chat.

Check the settings in whatever you are using to send the message and make sure it is sending as a text.

Doesn't surprise me. Worst customer service on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Check SMS centre number is set to..

+35387699989

Is it possible that it's an RCS message? That's being retired by Vodafone soon so it might be linked to that?

Try using a non smartphone to test, that will only have a standard SMS app.

There's a workaround for SMS but it's awkward if you're not used to it... Vodafone have free webtext online in MyVodafone. It would mean sharing the destination number from contact list, pasting it into a browser form and typing in the message to send. It works but not as intuitive as the standard SMS phone app.

Here's the link if you want to try it...

https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/webtext.html

Obviously not a proper fix but might help in short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is RCS. Always is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement