Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel Shed mould

Options
  • 21-03-2023 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi, i am looking for advice in relation to my garden shed. It is a steel shed and contains anti condensation material on the ceiling. This membrane has a lot of black mould on it. What is the best thing to do? Clean it? Rip it off? Replace it? The shed contains no insulation - just the bare metal walls and door and ceiling just has this anti condensation material.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

The membrane prevents condensation occuring on the metal by absording the moisture. Mold growth happens if the ventilation is inadequate and the membrane cannot dry out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yeah, ventilation would be the first thing i'd check - was the shed supplied without vents, or are they blocked somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭michaelduignan

thanks for replies. i'll see if I can improve the ventilation. Is it possible to clean the membrane I have or am I better replacing it? It looks terrible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

try spraying a bit of diluted milton on it, it might clear the mould.

Advertisement