Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITV1 / UTV missing on Sky Q Box

• 21-03-2023 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,389 ✭✭✭✭

I never had a Sky Q box so am not familiar with its workings. A mate of mine says he cant get ITV1 / UTV on his and asked me to have a look Im assuming this has something to do with a change in frequencies or whatever. He has a Sky subscription and ideally he should phone Sky but he isnt comfortable with changing tings himself so I have to help out. Is it just a re-scan thats needed or is there something more complicated involved?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭SteM

It's nothing to do with the recent BBC frequency changes. ITV/UTV isn't available on the Sky EPG in Ireland, they have to be added manually. Even if he adds them manually he won't be able to record from them as far as I'm aware.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Just to be aware, Sky will give no assistance or support with the Manual Tuning feature. Ideally for them it wouldn’t exist at all and afaik it’s only there to satisfy DVB logo requirements.

It’s not terrifically complicated to use, as long as you have the frequencies and know where to look. It does involve a lot of button presses to access. The older Sky boxes had a series of numbered shortcuts you can use but Sky Q did away with them. You will have now and next information only and will not be able to use PVR/live pause features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,389 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks folks. It's years since I subscribed to Sky and I completely forgot about ITV not being on the EPG. I take the point about the number of button presses involved to access the other channels and I'm fairly sure the mate and his wife might struggle with this. They watch the ITV soaps on VM so they may stick with that.

Thanks again for the replies.

Advertisement