Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shamanic Running

Options
  • 21-03-2023 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VSkhE3pQcq4

Closing your eyes during straight running stretches can help you focus on muscular proprioception much like the blinkers of a horse! Here I'm in Park of Tralee. Faster than light travel during sleep means you'll be running faster in a dream while resting!

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/116893-chronic-pain/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Michael McMahon

Maybe sleep and running are indirectly related if we imagine muscle tone as being equal in everyone. Thus those who slept an hour less then everyone else would have more tensed muscles if sleep was viewed as having relaxed your muscle tone. That is to say your body would have to be more toned to remain upright one hour longer each day. Thus sleep problems might be related to cardiovascular stress in chronic pain conditions. A skeletal appearence might serve as a reminder of unconscious control over our movement which might be one reason why very thin or very tall physiques could have a creepy, nocturnal vibe!

"Jake Gyllenhaal shed about 30 lbs. for his role as a hungry reporter in the new film Nightcrawler... Jake revealed it was the packs of 'hungry, scavenging' coyotes that thrive in Southern California that inspired him to shape his character and drop the weight."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2812113/Jake-Gyllenhaal-reveals-got-scary-skinny-Nightcrawler-role-Ellen-show.html

Post edited by Michael McMahon on

Having an athletic physicality might look unfair to other gym-goers who can't get fitter. One possibility is that your body isn't actually under physical risk of a heart attack by running as fast as you can. So maybe those who get injuries after exercise might be because their conscious mind is too unfocused to look after their subconscious bodily processes. Perhaps people who look so relaxed running faster than you might be due to their metaphysics being more secure. For example someone who had a firm belief in an afterlife might be able to run to their death way farther than someone who was agnostic in their life. Another example would be that even if we ignored genetic differences perhaps those who have fitter parents simply learn proprioceptively from their physicality even if it's not inherited directly. So those who simply interact with so many fit people could spiral upwards and normalise and a much more fierce level of resilience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Is there any training going on in this log? 🧐

youtube.com/watch?v=ENVR9a19GNg

POV Running (Shin Splints Jogging channel)

I try to keep my legs moving as straight as possible in spite of my diagonally rotating hips. I don’t think I was wearing under-armour where I simply bought XL underpants that exceeded the length of my shorts!

• Advertisement

Top-heavy people have to focus a lot more on arm swing to maintain balance for sprints. So a slower stride from shin splints might help you maintain upper body muscle by focusing.

T2 T 1000 Run Chase

Advertisement